Lossless video compression codec developed by Apple ProRes uses camera with a magnesium body. In this way, which is highly resistant to impacts 4K camera APS-C CMOS sensor, 12 stops of dynamic range values ‚Äã‚Äãand the Thunderbolt is being used.
"CION represents a new direction for AJA. Bringing this sophisticated camera to market underscores our passion to support filmmakers, broadcasters and content creators," said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. "We are incredibly proud of CION. We believe that the thoughtfully considered design, along with a powerful feature set, will make it extremely useful and versatile for productions worldwide."
- Sensor: 4K APS-C sized CMOS sensor with an electronic global shutter. 12-stops of dynamic range.
- Recording Formats and Resolutions: Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT) and Apple ProRes (Proxy); 4K (4096x2160), Ultra HD (3840x2160), 2K (2048x1080), HD (1920x1080). 2K and HD are hardware scaled from the full 4K sensor for high-quality over-sampled images and retention of field-of-view.
- Media: Record to AJA Pak SSD media available in 256GB and 512GB capacities. Transfer via Thunderbolt‚Ñ¢ or USB3 with optional AJA Pak Dock; Complete 10-bit and 12-bit workflow from HD to 4K.
- Raw Support: Output AJA Raw via 3G-SDI at up to 4K 120 fps or via Thunderbolt‚Ñ¢ at up to 4K 30 fps.
- Lens Mount: Industry standard PL mount
- Connectors: 4x 3G-SDI/HD-SDI outputs (4K/Ultra HD/2K/HD)
5 years ago